Here at Enormis Mobile Specialties, we have installed thousands and thousands of remote car starters. We love this technology. We install it in our own vehicles. Heck, we probably dream about it in our sleep. As you can imagine, many of our clients come to us looking for remote starters as gifts, so we have developed this short checklist that we hope you will find helpful when you are in the market to buy one for that someone special.
- Try and get the year, make and model of the vehicle your friend or loved one drives. Be sure to let us know if it is a manual transmission. This will help us in selling you the right system the first time.
- When you are buying a remote starter, never go for cheap or the lowest-price retailer. That will likely come back to haunt you. A remote starter will become an integral part of the vehicle’s electrical system, so you want a shop that is intimately familiar with modern electrical systems in vehicles. You also want someone who is going to install a reliable, great-performing system. We have removed many remote starters for clients that was either poorly installed or inferior equipment.
- Always buy your remote car starter installed. Imagine this scenario. You give the starter to your friend as a gift bought from store A. Then you have store B install it for your friend. If something ever goes wrong with it, store A is going to blame store B and vice versa. When you buy the system as an installed package, that store will provide both the product and the labor, and will service the system, which is good for your friend. They will also be intimately familiar with that product, which is a good thing in case your friend ever needs technical help in the future.
- Never buy your remote car starter via mail order, the Internet or at an auto parts store. Buy it from a local dealer that specializes in the category. If you find that the price of a professionally installed remote starter from your local electronics specialist is beyond your budget, we suggest a different gift.
- Go into the store where you are considering buying your remote starter. Is it clean and organized? Are the staff polite and helpful? Do they seem knowledgeable on the subject? The shop you pick to buy that gift for your loved one is likely to be interacting with your loved one in the future – would you want someone you care about to go in there?
- Consider buying the remote starter as a “gift box.” Enormis has gift boxes specially made for us that are designed to hold the remote controls for the starter system. (These are provided at no charge.) It makes for a better gift -opening experience than opening a box with lots of wires and a black control unit!
- Finally, to make your life as easy as possible, Enormis Mobile Specialties strongly recommends scheduling the installation when YOU buy the gift. You can leave the scheduling up to the gift recipient, but we don’t recommend it. Even though you do not know your loved ones schedule, it is better that they RESCHEDULE instead of calling us January 3 and finding out we can’t get them in for several weeks! Also, if you are sneaky, we can install the remote car starter before that special day, and you just hand the recipient the gift box of remotes whenever you desire!
Feel free to contact us here for more information about buying a remote starter as a gift, or about any other category we sell. You may also request a quote for a professional remote car starter installation by the pros at Enormis Mobile Specialties in Erie, PA!
If you have received a remote car starter gift box from Enormis Mobile Specialties, please take a moment to review this important information.