What can a cheap remote car start and installation do?
- NOT ALLOW you to start the car at all, because the car thinks you are a thief! (Yes, that means you are calling for a tow truck!)
- Ruin a vehicle’s PCM or BCM. (On board Computers)
- May try to restart your car after it is already running!
- Cause a check engine/security/anti theft light to come on. (Dealers “love it” when that happens.)
- Try to start and then fail to start your car. Sometimes repeating this over and over! (Usually happens when it’s really cold)
- Set off the car’s security system when you start the car by remote. (Very embarrassing and annoying)
- Wait days, weeks, or months before doing the above things. Your car dealer WILL NOT be sympathetic.